As with any multiplayer game, the network performance of Brutes.io will be determined by how "low and reliable" your "Ping" is. Brutes.io will attempt to place you on the closest regional Server, with the lowest Ping (preferably Less than 100ms) on Game Load.
- Please DO NOT switch away from the Game Tab while it is loading and checking your ping, as it may fail to connect you to the best server.
- Once you have loaded into a room, you can check your "Current Server, Room Number and Ping" at the bottom of the game screen: [⇱ SERVER STATS]
If your ping is high while the game is checking, or if you are on another browser tab, you may be placed in a "High Ping" room - visible in the "Room Number" with the letters "HP" - to correct this - wait for your ping to settle then click "Reload" on the main menu: [⇱ RELOAD ROOM]
- If you find yourself on the wrong server, click "Change Server" on the main menu to choose another: [⇱ CHANGE SERVER]
- If you switch away from the Game Tab at any time, your Ping will increase - upon switching back it will take a few seconds for the Ping to settle.
- We recommend avoiding 'High Ping' rooms - as they are generally full of players with bad connections, so your experience will be diminished.
If you experience "High Ping" (greater than 100ms) - please use the following checklist.
- For the best possible result, we recommend a hardwired "LAN" connection, direct to the router.
- If you are using a "WiFi" connection, your connectivity reliability will be affected by nearby WiFi networks and other devices on your Wifi network.
Any devices transferring files or "Downloading" from the internet will negatively impact your speed and ping.
- We recommend switching your WiFi Channel on your Router to a clear "Channel", away from neighbouring routers.
If you are using "Discord" - we highly recommend downloading the standalone Desktop App (to avoid switching browser tabs): [DOWNLOAD DISCORD ⇒]
For the best performance - please close all other Open Browser Tabs while playing.
- This includes websites such as Youtube, or any Application that utilizes the network - be sure to check and close any background programs that may be updating, such as Steam - plus check with other users of your network to see if they are currently downloading or browsing the internet.
- Your Ping will also be affected by your Framerate or FPS - so make sure to follow the Performance Tips below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why did I get kicked from the game?
- There are several "Inactivity" and "Connectivity" kick rules;
- While on the Game Tab, either in the menu or in game, you have "3 minutes" of inactivity before being kicked - if you switch Browser Tabs away from the game, you only have "90 seconds" before you are kicked, and while "Off Tab" you take triple damage.
- In addition, if we detect your Ping has increased beyond a certain limit for a set amount of time, you will be warned and have "60 seconds" to rectify your network issues before being kicked.
How do I unlock Costumes?
- You must have "Adblock" disabled - then you will earn "+1 Costume Kill" for every "Unique Costumed Brute Kill": [⇱ COSTUMES]
- Killing the same brute over and over has no effect - AI Bots have a small chance to spawn with costumes.
How do I unlock Skins?
- While wearing a Costume you will earn "Skin Kills" for any Brute killed.
I've lost my Costumes?
- You need to "Create an Account" or "Login with Facebook" to save stats and costumes.
How do I Login?
- On the main menu, in the bottom left of the screen, click the "Login" button. Then either "Create an Account" with your email address or use "Facebook Login". By logging in, you will be able to save all your profile stats, share your profile with friends, and save your costume kills and costume unlocks: [⇱ LOGIN]
How do I check my Profile Stats?
- While "Logged In" - click the "Profile" button: [⇱ PROFILE]
How do I share my Profile Stats?
- From your "Profile" page - click the "Share with Friends" button - and it will generate a shareable "IMGUR LINK": [⇱ SHARE] | [IMGUR ⇒]
How does the Prestige System work?
- Upon reaching 'Level 10' you will become 'Prestige Ready'. Walk to Prestige Island, through the active Prestige Door and head towards the Prestige Altar. Upon punching the Altar you will 'devolve' back to a Level 1 Brute, but you will Gain +1 GOLD Halo. A Gold Halo provides +1 Extra Life to save you from certain death + a Score Multiplier for all Points earnt based on your Prestige Rank. Upon Death, your Gold Halo will 'Discharge' and The Hand will bring you back to life as a Level 1 Brute. You will drop in Prestige Rank and be left with a 'Dead' Halo, but, you get to keep your Current Score. In one Playthrough, you can have up to a total of 5 Gold Halos. While you have at least +1 Gold Halo and Prestige Rank, all Brute Kills will count towards unlocking the ELITE Prestige Gold Skins for the current costume you are using.
How many Players and AI Bots are there in a room?
- A SoftLimit of "8" Real Players per Room and a HardLimit of "12" per Room including Invited Friends. AI Bot quantity scales based on the number of players - but AI Bots are disable completely for High Ping players.
How do I Play with my Friends?
- Click the "Play With Friends" button at the top of the screen - then share that link with your friends - or enter the server code and room number to direct-join: [⇱ INVITE]
How do I change Server?
How many Brute Levels are there?
- There are currently 3 levels of "Brute", 3 levels of "Brawler" and 3 levels of "Behemoth" with Prestige Activated at Level 10.
What is Prestige?
- Upon reaching 'Level 10' you will become 'Prestige Ready' > Walk to Prestige Island, through the active Prestige Door and head towards the Prestige Altar > Upon punching the Altar you will 'devolve' back to a Level 1 Brute, but you will Gain +1 GOLD Halo. A Gold Halo provides +1 Extra Life to save you from certain death + a Score Multiplier for all Points earnt based on your Prestige Rank.
- Upon Death, your Gold Halo will 'Discharge' and The Hand will bring you back to life as a Level 1 Brute. You will drop in Prestige Rank and be left with a 'Dead' Halo, but, you get to keep your Current Score.
- In one Playthrough, you can have up to a total of 3 Gold Halos, and, Halos can be regained if lost. While you have at least +1 Gold Halo and Prestige Rank, all Brute Kills will count towards unlocking the ELITE Prestige Gold Skins for the current costume you are using.
How do I get / set Emblems?
- Complete the social actions and solve kodes, or visit us on Discord for new emblems - then choose your emblem on your "Profile" page: [⇱ EMBLEM]
- Only certain costumes allow emblems, such as the Superbrute and Ninjabrute.
How do I report a Bug?
- You can send us a detailed bug report from within the game itself, or submit them to the "#bugreports" channel on Discord: [⇱ REPORT BUG]
I've found a Cheater / Hacker - what do I do?
- We have AntiHacking Countermeasures, with realtime tracking, tagging, kicking and banning - but you can also report suspected hackers to us on our Discord Server: [DISCORD ⇒]
Can I Record and Upload Videos of Brutes?
- Definitely. And feel free to post it in our "#videos" Channel on our Discord Server: [DISCORD ⇒]
What are these strange "Kodes" in the Level?
- There are multiple Physical Puzzles and Sekret Kodes scattered throughout the game i.e. "4B k" - each belonging to their own kode group and Emblem Unlock. Some you need to solve by kode breaking, substitution, logic, while some require a physical solution - once you have the solution, enter it in the "Kode Input" box via your "Profile" page: [⇱ KODE ENTRY]